Twitter and Text-Messaging: Abbreviations you should know! - I thought I was becoming a pretty fast 2-thumb texter and was familiar with many of the abbreviations used on Twitter and text-messaging.
I know IMO (“In my opinion”), ROFL (“Rolling on the floor laughing”) and BFF (“Best friends forever”), LOL (“Laugh out loud”) and OMG (“Oh my God”) among others. Yesterday my Mom sent an e-mail with something WAY too personal and I responded, TMI! Mom e-mailed back to inquire about the meaning of TMI (Too Much Information)!
My husband is working on a project setting up a new hire's PR for Twitter, Facebook, etc., and he sent me a press release to proof. He had, "Visit Kim on Twitter!" I immediately phoned my husband to correct him that it should read "Follow Kim @ Twitter!"
My husband, BTW, has learned to READ my text-messages, but still hasn't figured out how to respond to them.
Twitter and Text-Messaging - Abbreviations
So, for you new texters or for those of you new to Twitter (posts limited to 140 characters), here are some text-messaging shorthand abbreviations you should know:
- UG2BK . . . . You got to be kidding
- GBTW . . . . Get back to work
- NMP . . . . . Not my problem
- PIR . . . . . Parent in room
- GFTD . . . . Gone for the day
- FYEO . . . . For your eyes only
- BI5 . . . . . Back in five minutes
- DEGT . . . . Don’t even go there
- BIL . . . . . Boss is listening
- PAW . . . . . Parents are watching
- 99 . . . . . Parents are no longer watching
- PCM . . . . . Please call me
- IMS . . . . . I am sorry
- TOY . . . . . Thinking of you
- KUTGW . . . . Keep up the good work
- CID . . . . . Consider it done
- FWIW . . . . For what it’s worth
- HAND . . . . Have a nice day
- IAT . . . . . I am tired
- NRN . . . . . No response necessary
- 4COL . . . . For crying out loud
- WRUD . . . . What are you doing
- LMIRL . . . . Let’s meet in real life
- ^5 . . . . . High five
C u on Twitter 2day or better yet, FOLLOW ME!
Let's Get Connected!
Please visit my web site if you are shopping for Tulsa homes for sale or call 918-852-5036 for more information about Midtown Tulsa Real Estate. In addition to my advanced grasp of the internet to market your Tulsa home for sale, I include a home staging consultation with every listing AND professional photography - at no aditional cost to you!
Lori is a residential Realtor with Chinowth & Cohen Realtors serving the greater Tulsa area and specializing in downtown Tulsa and midtown Tulsa real estate.