When selling your Tulsa home for sale, choose a real estate professional to represent you who will consistently follow these three easy steps.
- Prepare your Tulsa home for sale to be move-in ready. Our large inventory of homes available from which prospective Buyers will choose is forcing Sellers to upgrade and update. If your home is worn or dingy, Buyers will not consider it. If it needs fresh paint or updated light fixtures, Buyers will walk down the street to find a comparable property that is already updated. Choosing a home is a very emotional decision, and Buyers need to SEE themselves living in your home. So update and stage your home to sell.
You wouldn't go on a first date without a nice hair style, manicure and stylish clothes. Why in the world would you try to sell your home and skip the landscaping? You only have one chance to make a good impression.
- Price your home competitively. Your home is not going to sell for what you paid for it, plus the improvements you've made and plus your selling expenses. Your home will sell for the amount the market is willing to pay and for the amount for which it will appraise.
Find a REALTOR who understands how to prepare an absorption rate analysis and take a hard look at what comparable properties are selling for. If twelve homes sold in your subdivision in a year's time, and there are twelve homes currently on the market, that means there is a one-year inventory available. If you want your home to sell in less than sixty to ninety days, you need to price it at an attractive and competitive amount.
Over-pricing your home will only help sell your neighbor's house and price reductions send a poor and desperate message to the Buyer.
- Market your home aggressively and professionally on the internet. If you've shopped for homes on the internet, you've seen the listings with few photographs and photos taken from a phone, no virtual tour and limited verbiage. Choose a REALTOR who uses the services of a professional photographer and one that syndicates your listing across the internet.
With over 90% of home buyers searching the internet for homes, you can't afford not to be advertised everywhere possible. This is not free to the REALTOR, so find one that invests advertising dollars (and time) populating your listing on the internet.
The days of putting a "for sale" sign in your yard and offering a carpet allowance are GONE.
Selling your Tulsa home for sale requires a lot of work and you need to work with your REALTOR as a team. Please interview REALTORS and ask for references. Ask to see how they market current listings and ask to see their selling stats.
Don't hire the REALTOR who tells you what you want to hear, but hire the real estate professional who truly presents a realistic and aggressive marketing plan. My team’s home selling strategy remains consistent:
- Prepare your Tulsa home for sale, including updates, enhancements and repairs. Stage to attract a Buyer and have professional photos taken to properly showcase your home features, particularly on the internet.
- Price your home realistically and competitively.
- Aggressively market your home, particularly on the internet where over 90% of Tulsa home buyers begin their home search. Include multiple photos, photo captions, extensive verbiage, virtual tours and more!
The ball is in your court. It is truly your decision how speedy and painless the selling process can be. Please read more about my listing services and do give me a call when you are ready to sell your Tulsa home!
Copyright 2011 Lori Cain All Rights Reserved - Originally Posted at: Midtown Tulsa Real Estate - Lori Cain
Let's Get Connected!
Please visit my web site if you are shopping for Tulsa homes for sale in Midtown Tulsa OK or call 918-852-5036 if you need more information about Midtown Tulsa Real Estate.
In addition to my advanced grasp of the internet to market your Tulsa home for sale, I include a home staging consultation with every listing AND professional photography - at no aditional cost to you!
While you're at my web site, please sign up for my monthly e-newsletter to receive a complimentary calendar of events for activities in the midtown Tulsa area!
Lori is a residential Realtor with Chinowth & Cohen Realtors serving the greater Tulsa area and specializing in downtown Tulsa and midtown Tulsa real estate.